Age 5 - 11 (for age 12+ see Kung Fu for Adults)
You don’t have to be a master to begin, but you have to begin to become a master.
Tao Te Kung Fu is for those who aspire to learn in a calm and secure atmosphere. Students discover the freedom to live their lives with confidence and security.
Training methods are safe and take full account of the most recent developments in the psychology of learning. Each stage in the program builds the foundations in neural programming and physiological development that enable subsequent stages to be more easily assimilated.
The children's' curriculum has been developed by a professional teachers and martial artists to enable the students to easily and quickly achieve their full potential.
Your child will develop a fitter, stronger and more coordinated body. They will become more mentally focused and have sharper control of their emotions. We believe that training in Tao Te Kung Fu is the most complete and easily accessible means of personal self development.
There are separate classes for foundation, intermediate and advanced students so your child will always be training with other students at an appropriate level.
Catch up lessons are provided at no extra charge so if any lessons are missed during a module continuous progress is assured.
To ensure health and safety and a high quality of instruction, two instructors are always present and classes are limited to 20 students.
At the start of their first free lesson, your child will spend some time with an instructor learning the basics, to enable them to comfortably participate in the foundation level class.
Many Martial Arts clubs are classically set up for students to take 5, 10 or 20 years to reach a Black Belt standard. This can be due to a lack of professional lesson and course preparation, large governing bodies forcing students to compete in tournaments to progress or holding back to take more tuition fees.
Our 3 year Black Black Course is split into 3 levels to ensure a rapid progression with an in-depth understanding.
Everyone starts in the Foundation class with other beginners. Once the Foundation level is completed a student moves up to Intermediate class to continue the next stage and then on to the Advanced level. Once the Advanced level is completed a student earns their Black Belt and the opportunity to join the Master's Class.
- Build a solid foundation all activities requiring physical coordination & mental focus
- Train with other children at the foundation level
- Professionally developed curriculum, structured to ensure rapid and continuous progress
- Cover primary techniques
- Start developing focus & self control that enhances their cross-curricular skill base
- Create fluid coordination and balance with core strength
- Increase reactions and reflexes
- Introduces meditation and emotional control techniques
- Mid level combat techniques
- Rapid kick combinations
- More complex striking techniques and their application
- Begin to understand the more subtle principles underpinning Tao Te Kung Fu
- Learn increasingly complex and enhanced physical coordination practices
- Life attitude enhancing directed meditation
- Sophisticated, tactical & targeted strike combinations
- Advanced combat techniques to deal with skilled opponents
- Develop a more complex understanding of one’s own psychological framework
- Learn to incorporate the elemental principles into movement, attitude & lifestyle
All beginners classes are held at the Jessopp Road Studio on Tuesdays & Fridays.
Children's classes are at 4:15pm
Call free: 0800 145 58 44 or 07788 408 159 at standard rate